As a business owner, you want to make sure that all of your employees are happy and healthy because they are the key to your company’s success. You also want to make sure that all of your equipment is up-to-date so that they can efficiently do their job. But what about the health of your company website? Isn’t your website a powerful sales tool that is also important to the company?
In a recent post written by our developer Katie, she stated how important it is to update your WordPress website. With new software being developed every day, website updates are important to protect your website from hackers and malicious code. It may seem easy to login to your WordPress Dashboard and hit the “update now” button whenever it appears, but the truth is that sometimes updates can break your website. Then what are you going to do?
The safe answer is to let Orbit Design help by doing a thorough and fast website health check-up. Our highly trained staff can quickly and easily update your website monthly, or even quarterly.
Here are a few things we do for your website when we update it.
- Orbit Design will update all core WordPress files and plugins. It’s important that you have help updating these files because this is where you could potentially break your website.
- During the updating process, Orbit will tighten the security of your website by installing and updating security plugins and software.
- We also do a full scan for malware. If we find any malware, we remove it and fix any damage it may have caused.
- After a full website update, we check to make sure that everything was updated correctly and we will fix anything that may have broken during the process.
- When all the updates are successful, we will do a full back up of your website in case something goes wrong in the future, like an unwanted visit from a hacker.
We do all of this and more for your website to keep it running smoothly for your business. Even if you think your website is brand-spanking new, if it’s over 6 months old it may be time for a check-up. New technology is being developed every day, including the stuff that goes into making your website work. Think of the evolution of your cell phone – new features and models are coming out every day. Although a cell phone is less likely to get hacked into, they’re easier to fix or replace than an entire website. Here are a few statistics to consider when deciding to update your website.
- 83% of WordPress websites that are hacked are not up-to-date.
- From 2009 to 2012, the number of WordPress websites that were hacked went from 81,000 to 170,000.
- More than 30,000 websites get malicious code added to their site every day. Don’t let your site be one of them.
Updating is quick and easy. Contact Orbit today and ask us to give your website a thorough check-up. It’s affordable and will save you a headache in the future.
Orbit is a full-service marketing and design firm based out of Denver, CO. For over 30 years have have helped small businesses grow using the simply Genius Simple Branding formula:
Branding + Outreach = Sales
Latest posts by Orbit Design (see all)
- Holiday Trigger Email Campaigns That Will Convert Into Sales - November 8, 2017
- Orbit’s Holiday Marketing Checklist - October 19, 2017
- Behind The Scenes: Daniels College of Business Website Redesign - July 17, 2017